Friday, July 27, 2012

Pirates Update!

It is half way through the summer and it has flown by, or should I say sailed?  So far the campers from Fifty United, Emmanuel United, Pioneer United,  and Carlisle United have all taken the Pirates Oath to help protect and conserve water in their daily lives!  These kids have been armed, and now they can fire cannons of knowledge back to their home churches and parents about saving water and not plundering from nature.  
Next week we will be heading to Westdale United Church, followed by Olivet United, and then St. Mark's United Church. The camp counsellors have been amazing every week and I always look forward to seeing them in action with the kids.  I have learned new games and pirate related songs from them every time.  

Talk to your kids about saving water, dress up as pirates at home, and say the Oath often to remind you of your duty!


Pirate’s oath
As a Pirate,
I solemnly pledge,
To always turn off the water as I brush my teeth,
To not let my car be washed in the street.
I will remember to have quick showers,
And to wait until nightfall to water my flowers.
If there be a leak we shall fix it with speed,
As a good pirate, we do good water deeds.
My treasure will be all the happy fish:
Cleaner water is their greatest wish.
Where water is we will not blunder,
We arrr the pirates who don’t plunder!













Sarah having fun at Pioneer United Church

No comments:

Post a Comment